The Free Omar Campaign is a grassroots organization. We will act for justice for Omar Khadr until a remedy is provided for the gross injustice of the last 17 years and until his Guantanamo ‘conviction’ is withdrawn.
In 2019 our core activities include:
- Providing a source of reliable information - our website features factual -current and background- information, on the aspects of the case;
- Monitoring the media - we actively encourage accurate and objective coverage of the Omar Khadr case. We call journalists to account who spread falsehoods or fake news;
- Appealing to politics - we remind politicians on their responsibility by letter writing campaigns and visits;
- Organizing events - we organize lectures, film screenings and demonstrations;
- Providing flyers, cards and factsheets - we supply outreach to schools, universities, faith-based and community groups, events, in order to educate the public on facts of the case.