12 - 20 March 2020 - Omar Khadr’s lawyer Dennis Edney QC speaking tour hosted by the London Guantanamo Campaign.
Talks and events
Wednesday 12 March
- Omar Khadr and the Betrayal of International Law: a public meeting with Dennis Edney, chaired by Professor Bill Bowring at Garden Court Chambers, London. Organised by CAMPACC, the Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers and the London Guantánamo Campaign.
- time: 6.30 -8.30 pm
- place: Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A
Thursday 13 March
- Defending Guantánamo’s youngest prisoner: The struggle to free Omar Khadr. Lecture with Dennis Edney at York University Centre for Applied Human Rights.
- time: 4.00 - 5.30 pm
- place: Bowland Auditorium (BS/005), Berrick Saul building, University of York, Heslington, York
- link to event: Defending Guantánamo’s youngest prisoner: The struggle to free Omar Khadr
Friday 14 March
- An audience with Dennis Edney QC, chaired by Dr Douglas Guilfoyle at the UCL Faculty of Laws.
- time: 1.00 - 2.00 pm
- place: UCL Faculty of Laws Moot Court, Bentham House, Endsleigh Gardens, London, WC1H 0EG
- link to event: An Audience with Dennis Edney QC, Chaired by Dr Douglas Guilfoyle
- Where is the Law in War? An Analysis of Omar Khadr’s case. Organised by the Westminster Law Review.
- time: 5.00 - 7.00 pm
- place: University of Westminster, 4-12 Little Titchfield Street, London, W1W 7UW
- link to event: Where is the Law in War? An Analysis of Omar Khadr’s Case.
- time: 2.00 - 4.00 pm
- place: Room B20, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, Bloomsbury, London, WC1E 7HX
- link to the event on Facebook: Omar Khadr, Guantanamo’s Child: A Travesty of Justice.
- Dennis Edney talk on Omar Khadr at the Veterans for Peace UK event.
- time: 7.00 - 8.30 pm
- place: Housmans bookshop, 5 Caledonian Road, London N1
- link to event: Dennis Edney talk on Omar Khadr hosted by Veterans For Peace UK
- and on facebook: Dennis Edney talk on Omar Khadr.
Tuesday 18 March
- Lecture Dennis Edney at Queen Mary, University of London, organised by the Amnesty society.
- time: 4.30 - 5.30 pm
- place: Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
- Amnesty International event with Talks from: Dennis Edney, Aaf Post and Andy Worthington about Omar Khadr at the Human Rights Action Centre.
- time: 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- place: Human Rights Action Centre, 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA.
Thursday 20 March
- Q&A with Dennis Edney QC lawyer of Omar Khadr former Guantánamo Bay prison inmate at Amnesty St John’s Wood event
- time: 7.30 pm
- place: the Liberal Jewish Synagogue, 28 St John’s Wood Road, London NW8 7HA (St John’s Wood, Jubilee Line)
- More info: www.amnesty.org.uk/stjohnswood and www.facebook.com/Amnestysjw email: @amnestysjw